Lincoln Cathedral is an exceptional building that was meant to inspire and it does so. We rely on an exceptional body of employees and volunteers to ensure that the full range of its activities is known to the external world.
Details of available vacancies are listed below.
Carpentry and Joinery Traineeship
Are you passionate about heritage? Do you have an interest in architecture and an appreciation for historic buildings? Would you like to work in one of the most beautiful and historic sites in Lincoln? Would you like to learn a skill that is becoming rare in the UK?
This traineeship in Carpentry and Joinery will last for 18 months and will be hosted here at Lincoln Cathedral. You will get the chance to learn from highly skilled joiners in the works department, which has been maintaining the historic fabric of the Cathedral and its historic properties for centuries.
There are many benefits from training with the Historic Environment Skills project, including:
- A tax free monthly bursary
- Training with talented crafts people and work on challenging projects
- Support from a mentor and additional pastoral support from the Project Coordinator
- All of your training will be paid for by the project
- A budget to put towards PPE and tools
- You’ll be one of several trainees in different organisations and become part of a heritage network in Lincolnshire and the East Midlands
For more information, please download the traineeship role description and expression of interest forms below:
To apply, please send your expression of interest form to HES@lincolnshire.gov.uk by the deadline, Friday the 24th of January 2020.