Set in the very heart of the building, Lincoln’s Father Willis Organ is one of the finest in Europe.

It was the last Cathedral instrument completed during the lifetime of ‘Father’ Henry Willis (in 1898). Since that time, it has undergone only minor adjustments, including one new console in the 1960’s and a complete overhaul and clean in 1998. Thus what remains is still true to the builder’s original tonal scheme.

The sessions are held during term time on Monday evenings at 18:30 following Evensong, providing the Cathedral and organist is available. Please contact the Grants & Donations Office on 01522 561614 or to arrange a time for your session, before making your donation.

Following Government advice, the Fundraising Team are currently out of the office. As a result, there will be a delay to our usual response times until staff are able to return to work as usual.

All the funds raised from Pay to Play go towards the maintenance and restoration of the Cathedral’s four organs.

If you would like to arrange a 'Pay to Play' session on Lincoln’s Father Willis Organ, please contact the Grants & Donations Office on 01522 561614 or by email to to arrange a time.

Did you know?
If you arrange a Pay to Play session, you will also be offered a complimentary Fellow membership of Lincoln Cathedral for a year - usually worth £120. To find out more about the benefits of this membership, please click here.

Make a Donation - One Hour Playing the Father Willis

One Hour Playing the Father Willis

£ 125.00

Your donation

Default Image

Your details

Your data will be held by Lincoln Cathedral (the data controller) and will only be used for the purposes for which you have consented. Lincoln Cathedral will not share, rent or sell your data to third parties for their own purposes, except where required to do so by law. Please view our Privacy Policy for more information.

Gift Aid

The charitable entities of Lincoln Cathedral:

  • The Corporate Body of Lincoln Cathedral (Exempt Charity, hmrc Charity Reference Number X7802)
  • Lincoln Cathedral Music Fund (Registered Charity 1033089)
  • Lincoln Cathedral Learning, Arts, Culture and Events CIO (Registered Charity 1175597)

Make your membership donation worth more

If you are a UK taxpayer and would like to Gift Aid your donation, please complete this section to allow the Cathedral to reclaim the tax.

I would like to enhance this and future donations I make, as well as those in the past four tax years through Gift Aid.

I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations, it is my responsibility to pay any difference.

Please notify Lincoln Cathedral if:

  • Want to cancel this declaration
  • Change your name or home address
  • No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.

Donation details

You will be making a one-off donation of __ to the fund

Payment method