The Music Department is always on the look out for enthusiastic children to join the choir. We currently have spaces for boys and girls in years 3, 4 and 5. For more information or to organise a formal audition, please contact the Music Department on email@example.com
Lincoln Cathedral Choir consists of up to 20 boy and 20 girl choristers. Choristers can start from the end of year 2 and continue to sing until the end of year 9.
There is no residential choir school: the choristers are drawn from 15 local schools. Weekday rehearsals take place before school and choristers return after school to sing Evensong. Becoming a chorister means joining a musical heritage which stretches back to the Middle Ages.
Becoming a Chorister at Lincoln
- Children normally audition to join the choir in year 3 or 4, but later entry is possible
- As members of the choir, they receive a first-class musical education
- Choristers make friends with like-minded children from other local schools
What other benefits are there?
- Choristers receive pocket money
- Free singing lessons
- Financial support for instrumental lessons
- Free music theory lessons in groups
- International tours and broadcasts
- CD recordings and concerts
- Joining to the choir is free for choristers with musical potential
What are we looking for?
- Children with good reading skills and a love for singing
- Children who either already play an instrument or are willing to start learning an instrument
- Supportive parents who are willing to commit
WE ARE RECRUITING NOW!
We currently have spaces for boys and girls in years 3, 4 and 5. For more information or to organise a formal audition, please contact the Music Department on firstname.lastname@example.org