Think being a Chorister is only for the elite few? Think again!
Here’s what we look for:
- Children from ages 7-11 from any school in or near Lincoln.
- Children who love to sing.
- A love of learning, and some musical potential.
Current schools involved in the Cathedral Choir:
- Caistor Grammar School
- Ellison Boulters Academy
- Lincoln Minster School
- The Priory Academy LSST
- Nettleham Church of England Junior School
- Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School, Horncastle
- Welton St Mary’s CE Primary Academy
- St Peter at Gowts Primary School
- William Farr Church of England Comprehensive School
- Westgate Academy
- Queen Eleanor Primary School, Harby
- All Saints C of E Primary School, North Hykeham
- St Hugh’s Catholic Primary Voluntary Academy
There is an audition to join the choir. We look mostly for potential, and a love of singing. We teach you the rest! All our new choristers spend their first year ‘learning the ropes’, and will continue to learn and improve as they go along.
Auditions can be scheduled at any time, for your convenience!
Contact Alana Brook, Assistant Organist to register your child’s interest in joining the Choir:
Do you want to have an informal chat with an existing Choir Parent about the expectations of having your child in the choir?
Call 01522 561600 and ask to be put in contact.