- How is Lincoln Cathedral comprised?
- Where do we collect personal information from you and how?
- What personal information do we collect from you?
- How do we use your personal information?
- Legal basis for using your personal information
- Keeping your personal information secure
- Access to your data
- How to contact us
How is Lincoln Cathedral comprised?
Lincoln Cathedral is comprised of:
- The Corporate Body of Lincoln Cathedral (Exempt Charity, HMRC Charity Reference Number X7802)
- Lincoln Cathedral Music Fund (Charity number 1033089)
- Lincoln Minster Shops Ltd. (Company registration number 01015279)
- Lincoln Cathedral Learning, Arts, Culture and Events CIO (Charity number 1175597)
- Lincoln Cathedral Quarry Ltd. (Company registration number 04634976)
Where do we collect personal information from you and how?
We may collect personal information from you when:
- You complete a data collection form either online or a hard copy to join a subscription
- You make an enquiry via our website, a paper form, an email, letter or by telephone
- You make a purchase through our online shop
- You make a purchase at our Entry Desk or Shop
- You make a donation online or in person
- You accept cookies via our website
- You open or click on emails we send you
What personal information do we collect from you?
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Telephone Number
- Your bank card details when making a donation or purchase online, as well as in person at the Cathedral
- Technical information about your device and operating system
- Your Date of Birth (for bookings that require alcohol licences)
- For staff, volunteers and tenants, we may collect additional information in order to comply with statutory requirements.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to:
- Provide you with information about products or services you have requested from us, or which we feel may interest you within your consented contact preferences. We may also use your data to carry out our obligations to you from any contract entered into between you and us.
- We may share your data with third parties where they are processing your personal data on behalf of Lincoln Cathedral.
- We may also share your personal data where we are required to do so by law.
- We will never sell or rent your personal data to third parties for their own marketing, market research or commercial purposes.
- We do not store your full payment details when you make donations or payments via our website using our payment providers.
- We will continue to use your data for as long as you are in contact with us. If we lose touch, your data will be held for no more than three years from your last inbound contact, other than where we have a statutory requirement to store it for longer.
- Should you ask us to delete your personal information we will do so, other than where we have a statutory requirement to hold it for a set period of time.
- Online Donations (Stripe):https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
- Online Shop Purchases (PayPal): https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
Legal basis for using your personal information
There are four ways that we may have a legal basis to use your personal information, these are:
- Fulfilling a contract – where you have made a purchase, donation or enquiry either online or in person, for example if you make a stone adoption online, we will use your name and address to fulfil our responsibility to deliver your adoption pack to you.
- Express consent – where you have expressly provided your consent to Lincoln Cathedral to be contacted for a specific purpose e.g. by subscribing to a defined mailing list or area of interest.
- Legitimate interest – where it is in your interest for us to contact you for your benefit. This basis cannot be used for the sole benefit of Lincoln Cathedral.
- Legal obligation – we may be required to contact you for legal reasons to protect your interest.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. The information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Keeping your personal information secure
Sending data over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is in transit. All data sent is at your own risk. We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
We store your data securely in compliance with European law.
By submitting your personal data to us, you agree to this.
Access to your data
You have a right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal data, please email or write to us using the details in the section below.
How to contact us
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or write to us at: The Chapter Office, 4 Priorygate, Lincoln, LN2 1PL