Accessibility Statement for Lincoln Cathedral
This accessibility statement applies to https://lincolncathedral.com.
This website is run by Lincoln Cathedral. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
We are committed to ensuring everyone can access our website, including people with vision, hearing, mobility or cognitive impairments. We strive to achieve conformance Level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG) – published by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). World Wide Web Consortium guidelines help to point out the key features necessary for creating an accessible website. By making this step to conform in as many areas as possible, we hope to set a trend for future online projects to improve online offerings for a wider audience.
Please read our Accessibility Statement for further details as to how we are striving to become an accessible Cathedral.
On this website, you should be able to:
- change font size and contrast levels
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible this website is
While this website strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website.
The specific areas where we are currently working to achieve better accessibility are:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- videos do not have captions or transcripts
- we sometimes show 3rd party content and we’re working with these suppliers to make this content accessible in the future
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find that you are experiencing difficulty in accessing any part of this website, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit contact us.